Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Yarn Issue

     So, I have a confession again.  I have a few too many skeins of yarn.  I was very easily persuaded by the sales at Craftsy.com for a while and collected an abundance of chunky yarn.  Now that I am trying to declutter and minimize, I am very aware of how much space they take up.  However, since they were gifts, I am reluctant to part with them.  So I've decided to turn the ones that will least likely be used to make a blanket.  Each skein is about 50 grams so not too big.  I should be able to knit one up a week.  That would mean that my bed (or couch) should have a decorative blanket by winter.  If I persevere.
       
The one thing that will make this possible and enjoyable is the fact that I found some Little House Book recordings on YouTube.  I will be able to sit for a while and listen to "Little House in the Big Woods" and "Little House on the Prairie" while my fingers work hard at destashing some skeins of chunky yarn.  These moments will definitely be high points in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment