Friday, May 16, 2014

Pleasantly Surprised and Humbled

Good very late evening

I must make a confession: I am no good at accepting acts of kindness.  I just finished a delicious dinner at a friend's and she had endeavored to cook a vegan meal.  It was wonderful and I appreciated it.  However, I was certainly very closed-minded about it and not as openly thankful as I should have been.  The thought was so kind.  Most people would just have put me in the "box" of weird friends they have that eat weird food.  I'm accustomed to it and I am very comfortable with bringing my own food.  It's to the point of not wanting to eat anything else, I believe.  Sounds like a control issue.

Anyhow, being that for a half hour more, it's still Foodie Friday, I must share that the absolute highlight of my meal was the cinnamon roll.  I make them, sure, but they are hasty and a bit dense and not as sweet.  I definitely don't ice them.  I never have powdered sugar or the inclination, quite frankly.  So, I tasted one and...WOW!  The best.  I'm sure she snagged the recipe off of Allrecipes, or something.  That's what it looked like, but it was amazing.  Of course, I love pasta and mushrooms (I will dedicate one whole Friday to this amazing fungus) and eggplant (holds another special place in my heart) but she won me with the cinnamon rolls.  I can't share the recipe, I don't have it.  But you find it, you make it and you'd better share what you make because the amount of sugar will send you into shock.  You need to not be able to eat them all at once.  Share, share, share and show others that vegans eat richly and sweetly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment