Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Post from a Slow World...Finally

Good Thursday evening,

I finally have my pics of my kitchen to post.  It took forever because my computer is having issues.  It has been crawling along.  Beware the ever-present Win 32 virus that poses as the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.  If you happen across it on your computer, do not allow it to make any changes to your computer.  Trust me, the end result is disastrous.

All of that being said, I have had some interesting moments in dining and in life in general.  I had a pretzel at Auntie Anne's.  I was so happy.  I couldn't get a good idea on what was in the sweet glaze dip, but the cinnamon sugar is wonderful if done without butter.  They have a spray that they spray on it to make the cinnamon and sugar adhere and it tastes just fine.  I am used to being excluded from junk food nibblings.  That might be why it's so wonderful to go vegan, other than not partaking in the abuse of other living creatures, you typically snack less if not prepared.  When I attended a baseball game, I found out that the only thing I could eat would have been the pretzels and some ice.  No vegan options.  But why? Why don't we all stand up and demand that they serve us as well?  We're Americans, we love sports, we like to eat, we're not allowed to bring our own food in.  One or the other, you know?  Of course, my other favorite is Moe's Southwest grill.  I know I can walk down that line and end with a loaded salad with enough goodies to keep me full for hours.  Better still, I can order and pay online and pick it up on the fly.  Get the app, that's all I have to say.

So, the remodel is beholden to being very inexpensive, so my stuff is on the way from Ebay and Etsy.  I will update as I go.  The kids and I will be sanding the cabinets soon, to prepare for a a fresh coat of white paint.  But in the meantime, here are a few before photos:




Pardon my, uh, lack of tidiness.  We are a family of seven occupying a fairly small space.  We are learning to make it work, one space at a time.  Each day is definitely given by grace.  Tomorrow, I share one new yummy, vegan meal for my Vegan Friday.
Mindful/Minimalist Mondays are for remembering that the best things in life are free, don't expire and typically don't take up a ton of space
The Word/Wisdom Wednesdays to grow my spirit
Foodie Fridays are just because I love food, especially food that nourishes.
Let not our hearts be attached to the things of this world, let us meditate on His word and let us be walking examples of moderation and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment