Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pleased To Meet You

I have tried before (a few times) to begin a blog, but I have tried to pigeon-hole myself into one category or another.  I cannot, however.  I am full of quirks and interests and love to share them all.  I would like to introduce myself.  I am a mother of five wonderful children, all of whom I home school.  I was wonderfully delivered from sin and death by the grace an Almighty God by the blood of His only begotten Son. Jesus Christ.  I am unashamed of this.  I do, however, remain a woman who struggles with a variety of issues on a daily basis, but I cast my cares on Him who cares for me (1 Peter 5-7) all the time.  I knit, sew, crochet and read my Bible.  I am also a vegan.  As I write this, I munch on peanut butter cookies made with applesauce to replace the egg.  I would be remiss if I did not also mention that I am African American.  Not because I am a politically charged woman, but because it is important that others understand that God does not call us to fit the mold, but to break it and be in His image.  I find myself to be a very odd fit in most company, but that is why I started this blog.  My hope is that, as I share what my growth in my faith, others will find encouragement as well.  It's time to stop being what we think we should be and be who God made us to be.  I hope you all enjoy and hopefully some new friends are made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment