Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, Monday...

At last, a post on the appropriate day.

Good Monday evening!  I have been fairly useless today and off and on since the World Cup began.  I had the delight of seeing two of my faves win today and that made my day.  Plus, I made homemade deodorant and I began assembling websites for homemade lip balm.  I also plan to attempt homemade bug repellent because I just happen to have some cedar wood oil and clove oil laying around.  I used the cedar wood oil in my deodorant as well because it is said to have a good effect on the skin.  Exciting.  So, I'm using my Monday mindfully, trying to minimize the toxic chemicals contacting my skin.  The truth is that as I am aging, I am noticing different things.  One things is, I started getting bumps under my arms, so I am hopeful that the natural deodorant will eliminate that.  I also break out before my cycle and would like a natural face scrub.  The next project I started today, I have no pics of but I will shortly..  This is more a Minimalist activity.  Here's the story behind it.

I bought a pair of Bongo's on sale and they are the most comfy things I have every placed on my feet.  Except Tom's but I can't afford them.  If anyone wants to toss me a sample, I'll review it, then I'll wear them until they fall apart.  But, until the money shows up, or the sample, I'll wear my cheap ones.  And cheap they were.  I have had them less than 6 months and already they are coming apart at the toe like a pair of cheap socks.  I wrestled with the idea of new shoes, even though I had just gotten rid of most of my shoes.  I can fit all of the shoes in my hanging shoes holder in my closet.  Slippers too.  So finally, I settled on a solution.  I would close up the hole with an embroidered flower.  I have finished the first one and I am pretty pleased with it.  Plus, I have peace with it because it doesn't have me purchasing more before the whole things is a wash.  I am just prettying up the worn areas.  That makes me feel like I am making strides in the right direction, because I could stand to be more eco-friendly.  Another big step I have made is, I have been saving all of my empty spaghetti sauce jars to reuse as storage jars.  I am going to paint the lids and order some labels online and start organizing.  The summer is going to be so wide open.  I plan to try more DIY health products, like toothpaste and a compost bin while trying to move forward with my kitchen and bathroom.  A little bit at a time and each day will have something productive for everyone and of course, I will share our projects.

Take some time this month, to enjoy the World Cup, have some cold, frosty treat and be a good steward of the world God gave us.  Reduce, reuse and recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment