Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom

Good Evening!

I apologize for the break. We were in revival in our church and it was amazing.  The word preached was refreshing and timely and (aren't these all cliched terms?). Basically, it addressed issues that everyone was dealing with but wouldn't talk about.  But revival really pulls a lot out of my time, since I tried to maintain my home, squeeze in some knitting and for several days in a row, had to be sure to have church clothes.  It is Wednesday, however, and so I have to share what has been brought to my attention lately.

I went to the store and bought some Cardamom.  How I have longed to make all of the those spiced beverages and spice my buckwheat porridge.  I dove right in, and added it to a spiced Almond Milk recipe I had found online.  Whoa...




These little things really did a number on my tongue.  Albeit, a temporary number, but it did it.  It numbed my tongue.  That made me think about how important it is to mind our words.  I am known for being more than comfortable in my home in terms of mentioning things that my wonderful husband does that bother me.  I know that the Holy Spirit is working on me to be quiet.  He would like me to allow Him to work on my husband without my interference.  Sometimes, our idea of help as a wife is not helpful at all.  It is hurtful because we are supposed to be our husbands' biggest fans.  I know that I am.  So, I have been trying to catch myself when that small voice in my head says, "Don't say that." There were times when I went ahead and said it anyhow and it net me nothing at all.  Wouldn't it have been nice to have my tongue too numb to speak?  As wives in Christ, we have to remember that regardless of how we "feel" about something (and I don't mean things that are sinful or abusive), we still have to be mindful of our influence over our husbands.  Great men have supportive, thoughtful wives behind them.  No successful man ever came from a nagging, dissatisfied wife.  God created us to be help meets, not hurt meets.  We will find that God can move freely when we restrain our mouths.  Some verses to help support my point are:

Proverbs 21:23 - Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity (NIV)
Proverbs 10:14 - The wise store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin (NIV)
Proverbs 15:28 - The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil (NIV)
Proverbs 18:20 - From the fruit of their mouth a person's stomach is filled; with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied. (NIV)
Proverbs 16:24 - Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. (NIV)
Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (NIV)

There is so much more about the mouth and our words in both Proverbs and James.  I would encourage anyone to pray that God "guard their mouth" and read Proverbs and James for more clarity and wisdom on the subject.  When we begin to reign in our mouths, we will begin to see true revival in our lives.

I hope to post again soon.  I have so much to share.  I hope you have a blessed night.

No comments:

Post a Comment